It's a new year once again. 2006 seemed to just fly past. Christmas was quiet as I had managed to spread out the 'shopping' over a 3 month period. Must remember to do that again this year as it certainly makes budgeting a lot easier. I also loathe having to push my way through crowds in the shops, and I have yet to see a "happy Christmas shopper"!!!

I didn't send out cards this year but followed the same pattern as the last 2 years - sending out a long Word document (with photos) with the story of my life during the last year. Eventhough I say so myself, it makes quite intersting reading. Perhaps one day I should put all these Christmas letters into a 'book' and give each of the girls one. Trying to remember what I did during the year however is a rather mind boggling experience, so I used my PC to assist me this time round! Quite handy having a date on each file created as I was able to piece together a fairly good story.

Crafts??
Mmmm ... as usual the ever present 'beading'. I sometimes think there must be a little 'magpie' blood in me as I always lean to including glittery and shiny Zwarovsky crystals in the necklaces . I'm almost at the stage of breaking up some of the older necklaces now, and restringing them into new creations.


The only mosaic I did was a house-warming gift for my daughter. I found a discarded and rather tatty lampshade, and a really awful looking base at the local Hospice shop (paid almost nothing for them), and then sat for 5 nights sticking on tiles, and sewing a new shade with beads. Not too bad, and my daughter loved it.

At the moment I am on a house renovation spree. I decided at the spur of the moment that my bedroom needed a make-over, so I moved into the spare room, and tackled the bedroom. Walls (a dark olive green) were sanded, and skirtings and door frames (all Oregon pine) sanded. Then I got brave and hired a floor sander and sanded the parquet floor blocks. WHAT A JOB!!! Eventhough I masked off every possible nook and cranny, the dust still got into the rest of the house! Almost to spite me I think.

Anyway, the ceiling is repainted, the walls got 3 coats of paint, and the skirtings and door frames got 3 coats of varnish. Finding it hard to get up off the floor the older I get!!! Soon going to have a built-in wardrobe installed, and then the last job is to varnish the floor. Perhaps I should think about inventing some specially designed handle-thinga-ma-jig to which I can attach the paintbrush, so I don't end up feeling as if my back has been pierced with a million needles!

Enough for now.
Margy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use the Ivytree Studio Easy Scrap Printable Kit

Digistamps4Joy 100th Challenge and Blog Hop

Vintage Lodge 3D project