Cracker shaped 'shaker' card

This card was made for a challenge viz. "make a card in the shape of a cracker and add serviette, clay, and mirror tile". Cutting the shape of the card was not as difficult as I thought it would be, and the shape is actually quite pleasing. It was the adding of the tiles and clay that stumped me at first. That is until I saw this absolutely gorgeous 'fat lady' decoupage paper and the creative juices just RAN! I probably went a little overboard with the 'shaker' oval, but I love making shaker cards and they are always so popular with my customers.

 So this is where I used all the challenge pieces:
1. Serviettes - I cut out 4 purple daisies out of a serviette and glued them onto the patterned maroon coloured paper.
2. Clay - the only clay embellishment I could find that suited this picture was a tiny peach coloured rose which I glued on top of the acetate of the shaker box.
3. Mirror tiles - In the image, the fat lady is looking into a mirror. Yes, you guessed it - I replaced the mirror part of the image with four tiny mirror tiles! Worked like a charm, and as they are all inside the shaker box no one handling this card will get hurt - a bonus in my opinion!

I could not resist the tiny gold shaker beads to compliment the gold colour around the purple daisies, and the gold spotted ribbon just finished it all off. A lot of work, but well worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digistamps4Joy 100th Challenge and Blog Hop

Pretoria Scrapbook Society (2)

How to use the Ivytree Studio Easy Scrap Printable Kit