Window digi

Last night I designed another digistamp, this time trying the Inkscape software. It took me a little while to get comfortable with making rounded edges, but I'm happy with the result. So now to make a card with the stamp!

I decided to make an easel card, print out 2 x images, cut out the inside panes of the one and then layer this onto acetate. The second image was coloured in then I cut out the background behind the curtains, found a picture in a magazine with some paintings on the wall, then stuck this behind the curtains. The front window frame was raised onto the second image with foam pads. I think it came out quite nicely and really looks like a window!

Then I hit a blank! Every piece of cardstock or backing paper I put the window on top of just didn't look right, until I found this piece from the Once Upon A Time Mat Stack, and the whole card just fell into place. Does this sound familiar? I glued on a small clay vase, filled it with flowers, and found a 'large leaf' I had forgotten about which I used for the overhanging tree branch. The sentiment "Mom's home" was printed on the puter and raised with foam pads.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use the Ivytree Studio Easy Scrap Printable Kit

Digistamps4Joy 100th Challenge and Blog Hop

Vintage Lodge 3D project