Challenge #26 on Phindy's Place is ... make something cute. What fun! I could not resist the "flowertop fairy mushroom" image, so bought it, and what a super image it was to work with. So, here's my "cute" card.
Because the purple background paper I chose, came with the stunning glitter embossing (top right), I decided to keep the card very simple. The fairy was printed onto a light green paper, and the edges were stippled with purple and blue, to blend into the background of the card. I added lots of clear stickles to the wings. On the left is a piece of very wide purple ribbon, onto which I sewed some olive green organza ribbon which I gathered and scrunched up, then tacked onto the wide ribbon. Here and there I glued a few green glitter gems. And that's it! The close up of the fairy (below) shows the wing bling, and the colouring with my fluorescent gel pens, and Copics for the hair and skin (haven't quite mastered the hair technique yet, but was my first time with Copics, so be patient with me, I'll get it right soon!).
As a Design Team Member of Ivytree Studio, my latest brief was to test run the new "e-zee Scrap Printable kit" called "Wild & Free Precious Moments" - a digital, double scrapbook layout kit - now available in the Ivytree Studio store. I was asked to create the layout exactly as in the provided sketch - no fancy alterations - to enable YOU to see how easy it is to use this kit.
As I work extensively with digital products from my own Digistamps4Joy shop, I was excited to try out this digital scrapbooking kit, having never created a scrapbook page with anything other than bought papers! Bit of a long post, but worth the read if you are using this kit.
Wow, what fun I had! This is my completed double page layout.
Instructions for using the downloadable kit
Once purchased and downloaded to your computer, the kit is in a PDF file format, with 9 pages of guidelines, a good sketch photo of the completed layout, and the exact sized elements needed to complet…
Woohooooo! My favourite craft is playing with paper to create 3D items, and this specific project has been the biggest challenge to date - BUT I achieved it!
I absolutely LOVE the 3D cutting files available at SVG Cuts, and when this one was made available I knew I had to try it. Funny thing is that when I started cutting all the various pieces out, I suddenly realised that the end product is going to be much much bigger in size than I envisioned! It is 41cm (front width) x 27 cm (side width) x 27 cm (height to top of chimney). There were so many pieces of shaped papers that I had to sort them out into different sleeve packets so I would not lose them. This is what my desk looked like - a HUGE mess!
After spending 20 hours putting this all together, my daughters and I created a scene with: a draped white tableclotha snowman made out of polystyrene balls (granddaughter helped with that one)a pathway made by spraying glue onto a strip of paper and sprinkling pool filter sand on ittwo tr…
Why is it that we often put off doing things, and then one day actually sit down and do it, then wonder why it took so long to try it?
This is exactly what I did with a pop-up box card. I have NO idea why it took me so long to give this a try, but I have at last made this fabulous shaped card! My colleague wanted a card made for a 21st birthday of a female family member, and gave me a 'price' and colour scheme (red, black, white) to work around. My first thought - believe it or not - was to make this card! Yes, it took me ages to put in all the fiddly little bits, but I am really chuffed with the end result, and she absolutely adores it. I am sure the final recipient will too.
I started with a red cardstock box base, then added some gorgeous black polkadot paper to the sides and flaps. The key is one of my own digistamps in the Digistamps4Joy store that I coloured and blinged up (21st Key).
The balloons were cut with my KNK using MTC software, and the SVG file is from the &quo…