Grow Old With Me

My 5th and last card for the CDAC Progressive Challenge #1. When I coloured in these two digis (teapot and cup) from Sandi's Samples, I thought the pieces would look nice if they had a 'pottery glaze' look to them, so I added a layer of Glossy Accents. When the teapot had dried, it curled up a little so I tried to flatten it, but the glossy accents cracked!!!! Horror of horrors!! I was loathe to start all over again, but suddenly had one of those bright spark moments (believe me at my age they are rather rare!) ... what if I cracked it more, then the teapot would really look old? However, some areas were not equally covered with the GA and so didn't crack but were flexible instead. So I added another layer and let that dry. It cracked beautifully!!! Mmm, next challenge - how do I make the cracks look real, and visible on a photo? Rub a dark brown chalk all over the image so that the chalk gets into the cracks, THEN (and most importantly) gently rub off the surface chalk with a damp cloth. Bingo, it worked! I love the antique look to the crockery. The next challenge was to make sure that the pieces actually stuck to my card as they were now all bent out of shape. I glued the backs generously, put them in place on the card, then put a heavy container on top of the whole card, and went to bed! Double Bingo! And so here is the final result.

Materials Used: lace; brown cardstock; patterend BG paper; brown chalk to distress all edges; COPICS; paper roses; ribbon. The sentiment is my own design.


  1. What a stunning card Margy. You are a star. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Have a great week.

  2. Wow, this is just stunning! LOve how it came out. The aged look is so authentic!

  3. Anonymous2:53 pm

    Well, the end product is stunning Margy. Love it when a plan comes together. The teapot and cups are really beautiful.
    Amelia x


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to use the Ivytree Studio Easy Scrap Printable Kit

Vintage Lodge 3D project

21st Birthday Pop-up Box card