Monday, August 08, 2011

Grow Old With Me

My 5th and last card for the CDAC Progressive Challenge #1. When I coloured in these two digis (teapot and cup) from Sandi's Samples, I thought the pieces would look nice if they had a 'pottery glaze' look to them, so I added a layer of Glossy Accents. When the teapot had dried, it curled up a little so I tried to flatten it, but the glossy accents cracked!!!! Horror of horrors!! I was loathe to start all over again, but suddenly had one of those bright spark moments (believe me at my age they are rather rare!) ... what if I cracked it more, then the teapot would really look old? However, some areas were not equally covered with the GA and so didn't crack but were flexible instead. So I added another layer and let that dry. It cracked beautifully!!! Mmm, next challenge - how do I make the cracks look real, and visible on a photo? Rub a dark brown chalk all over the image so that the chalk gets into the cracks, THEN (and most importantly) gently rub off the surface chalk with a damp cloth. Bingo, it worked! I love the antique look to the crockery. The next challenge was to make sure that the pieces actually stuck to my card as they were now all bent out of shape. I glued the backs generously, put them in place on the card, then put a heavy container on top of the whole card, and went to bed! Double Bingo! And so here is the final result.














Materials Used: lace; brown cardstock; patterend BG paper; brown chalk to distress all edges; COPICS; paper roses; ribbon. The sentiment is my own design.

Sunday, August 07, 2011

You are Amazing

The 4th card for the CDAC Progressive Challenge #1, using Whoopsie Daisy's lovely image.
Materials used: floral background paper; plain pink paper; ribbon; flat-backed gems; COPICS; purchased flowers; my own sentiment design.

Little Gold Chef

My third image for the CDAC Progressive Challenge #1, using Jen's image from Digistamps4Joy.
 




















Materials used: COPICS; glitter glue (on cake icing); embossing folder "Royalty" from Couture Creations; gold chalk, pen and paper; white Petaloo flowers sprtized with gold; white ribbon; MS punch.

Antique Fan

This is my second entry for the CDAC Progressive Challenge #1 using Priscilla's 'fan' digistamp. It took me quite a while to make this card as I was probably over-ambitious! I wanted to make a 'real' fan, so printed and coloured in 7 prints (yes 7!!!), then cut each fan blade and raised it above the next one with foam tabs. I then cut the card so that only the curved edge of the fan extended past the edge of the front of the card. I actually love the way the pastel orange and green have come together in this card!





















Materials used: lace, ribbon, flat-backed pearls, COPICS, glitter glue (on lace edge of fan and scalloped edges of card), background paper from the Once Upon A Time stack.


Enjoy Your Day

This card was made for the CDAC Progressive Challenge, a new challenge running for 6 months, with free digistamps offered on a regular basis. The catch?  No catch, just as long as you are proactive by making and submitting cards to this challenge you will continue to get the freebies offered!! So not only will you get these images free, but if you participate in each of the challenges during that series you will go into the drawing for the Grand Prize which is ..... tadaaa ....  a set of 12 Copic Sketch pens!!!!

This is card #1 made with one of the first set of free digis, and designed by Anne's Cards 4 U. Isn't she gorgeous? I made the flowers from punched paper, added gauze flowers and small paper flowers, then spritzed them all with gold. The sentiment is one of my own designs.





 

Monday, August 01, 2011

Digistamp decoupage

Something a little different! I decided to try decoupaging a 'blank' cutlery holder I bought to hold all my craft pens etc, with four digistamps. I printed them out to size, coloured them in with Copics, and even used glitter glues. Then glued them onto the wooden base with Ponal (white wood glue) as per the standard decoupage method, let them dry, edged the box with a gold pen, and then Modge Podged a few layers. And it worked! I fully expected the colours in the digis to run, but not at all! So I now have a super hold-it-all for my pens, glues, and scissors. I have added info about the digis at each photo, and three are from the Crafters Digital Art Center network.
Pic.1: This is the 'full view of the holder, showing the 3 compartments each side. The digi I used here is one of my own designs.













Pic 2: The one end of the holder, showing a digi (Fairy Glen) from TLC Creations.

















Pic.3: The other 'wide' side of the holder, showing a digi (Mouse picking blackberry) from Happi Scrappin Doodles.









Pic.4: This is the other 'short' end of the box, and again one of my own digis called 'Bunny knock'.  See how the glitter is still very obvious and is now embedded in Modge Podge!

















So, don't be scared to try a decoupage with your digis! I love my new container!!